Development Science is seeking dedicated technology professionals who are committed to making our customers successful. We employ individuals with high levels of expertise in the areas of object-oriented programming, power analysis, artificial intelligence, and database technologies.
By joining DevSci, you will be part of a dynamic team and have the opportunity to grow professionally in an environment that rewards creativity and hard work. DevSci is an equal opportunity employer.
Junior Software Developer
We offer the opportunity to develop some of the finest software in power systems management software for the power industry.
Our flagship product, SmartSub™, was developed using SQL Server 2008, C++ and ASP. It is an N-Tier application. It is therefore architecturally similar to a .NET web application. We plan to continue adding features and maintaining existing features using C++ and ASP, but we are developing small projects using ASP.NET and C# as well, and expect to use .NET more and more.
Have you always been one of the top two or three members of your development team? Do you ever wake up in the morning with new code in your mind -- maybe a new feature, maybe a fix to that bug that kept you up the night before? Do you REALLY LOVE the art of developing software? Or perhaps you haven't yet worked as a professional programmer, but programming is your passion. If so, we'd like to see your resume!
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Be highly self-motivated and able to succeed on projects in both supervised and unsupervised situations.
- Be both very creative and very analytical.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be goal-oriented and customer-focused -- willing to do what it takes to "get the job done."
- Be very enthusiastic about computers, about software, and about programming.
We are located in Sorrento Valley area in an excellent office location. We offer an excellent work environment.
If you would like to be a part of this market and join our team of professional and ambitious people, we would like to hear from you.
No relocation funds available. Please do not apply if you do not already reside within driving distance to San Diego.
- 2+ years experience with SQL Server 2008, VB6, C++, and IIS development of software in a Microsoft Windows 2k / XP / 2k3 environment.
- Expertise developing well-structured N-Tier web applications using ASP.NET and C# are a huge plus.
Local applicants only. Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Please send your resume with cover letter by e-mail to: